.NET 5 Licensing Issue

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Brian Kohrs

.NET 5 Licensing Issue

Post by Brian Kohrs » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:52 pm

I am trying to license a .NET 5 application and am having some trouble with it. My TeeChart code is in a class library so it can be used by multiple other projects. I have referenced the library in a console application, and included the TeeChart.licenses file as an embedded resource. When I run it, it says that is is not licensed. Stepping through the debugger, it appears that it is looking for a TeeChart.Server license, but that is not in my TeeChart Pro license file. Is there a way to get this scenario working?

I also attempted to reference the library from a .NET 5 WinForms application to see if that works, but when I do that, I get an error about a missing TeeChart.Server.dll file. Is there a way to get this scenario working?

I created a solution that demonstrates both of the issues. You would need to include valid licenses in both the console and WinForms projects. See https://github.com/jhabkohrs/TeeChartLicense.

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: .NET 5 Licensing Issue

Post by Marc » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:40 am

Hello,

please check with the Sales dept, sales@steema.com, for the latest license. Some changes have been added to the license to support NET5.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: .NET 5 Licensing Issue

Post by Marc » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:51 pm

Hello,

We have identified a problem with the license. We are building a new one to be sent to you. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Marc
Steema Support