Questions about teeChart Legend with enabled checkboxes

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
bairog
Advanced

Questions about teeChart Legend with enabled checkboxes

Post by bairog » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:31 am

Hello.
I have a teeChart .NET 2018.12.17 with a legend with enabled checkboxes (Legend displays SeriesNames). How can I:
  1. Remove some of checkboxes (I need to have checkboxes only for several series, not all of them)? Series.ShowInLegend=false is not suitable for me because I need to have SeriesNames and series type pictogram for all series on chart.
  2. Distinguish two types of clicking the legend: clicking a checkbox and clicking a series name? Clicking checkbox should work as usual - enable/disable series, but clicking series name should invokes colorSelectDialog to choose series color (for now in both cases I use
    ClickLegend event and distinguish by using right mouse button for color selection - but our customer require changing it to left button).
Thank you.

Christopher
Guru

Re: Questions about teeChart Legend with enabled checkboxes

Post by Christopher » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:36 pm

Hello,

I don't think what you ask is going to be possible with a standard legend - but of course there is the possibility of you writing your own custom legend. There's a very basic starter example you can read here.
Best Regards,
Christopher Ireland / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Instructions - How to post in this forum