Off-line Install Error: TeeChartNET2015_4.1.2015.12160.exe

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
endicott

Off-line Install Error: TeeChartNET2015_4.1.2015.12160.exe

Post by endicott » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:42 pm

Hello,

I am attempting an of-line installation of TeeChartNET2015_4.1.2015.12160.exe that I downloaded from the Steema Client Access page. Here are the steps I take and the resulting events:

1. Logged on as administrator, I double-click the executable.
2. I select English language
3. I click "Next" to start wizard
4. I select "I accept the agreement" and click "Next"
5. I accept the default installation directory and click "Next"
6. I enter my license number and password and click "Next"
7. The Select Internet Connection dialog pops up and I click "Cancel"
8. The Please Confirm dialog pops up and I click "Yes" (I want to register manually)
9. The Manual Registration dialog pops up
10. I enter the URL shown (http://www.steema.com/linkIn/Activation) in the browser and am redirected to:
http://www.steema.com/files/activation.php
11. I enter Customer Code, License Number and Password as well as the code from the dialog into the web form and click "Submit"
12. I receive a key and enter it into the Manual Registration dialog and click "OK"
13. I select my version of VS (Visual Studio 2010) and click "Next"
14. I am presented with the Select Components dialog; the "WinForm and WebForm" option is already checked. That's what I want so I leave it alone and click "Next"
14. For "Select all assemblies" I leave the "all versions" checkbox unchecked and click "Next"
15. "Ready to install" is presented and I click "Next"
16. I am now presented with "Downloading required files" with a checkbox for "use HTTP Proxy". I don't know why this is shown as this is an off-line installation so I leave the checkbox unchecked and click "Next"
17. I am now presented with "Downloading required files" and two progress bars, one for "Downloading component 1/1" and the other "Connecting to remote server". Nothing happens until an error dialog pops up:
"Unable to download component WinForm and Webform: Error getting URL" (etc., etc.)
18. At this point, the installation fails unless I click "Ignore" in which case the other components (Docs and Utils) install but no net40 directory is created an no DLLs are installed.

So it appears as though the installation doesn't remember the user direction for an off-line installation and tries to download the DLLs from your website. Are they not already in the 77MB file I downloaded from the Client Access page?

Installing TeeChart is always a frustrating experience. I've been using your package for over 10 years and I'm sick of having difficulty every time I need to upgrade. Can someone please help me here so I can concentrate on using your software rather than burning hours trying to install it?

Andrew.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Off-line Install Error: TeeChartNET2015_4.1.2015.12160.exe

Post by Narcís » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Hi Andrew,

Off-line installers are only available upon request. It looks like you got an on-line installer. I'll send you an email with the URL to download the off-line installer and we will revise the client download page.

Many apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

endicott

Re: Off-line Install Error: TeeChartNET2015_4.1.2015.12160.exe

Post by endicott » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:06 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Narcis. I'll remember to request the download in the future.

Andrew.