IrregularGrid and CenteredPoints don't work together

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Michael

IrregularGrid and CenteredPoints don't work together

Post by Michael » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:13 am

Hi,
I wish to use a colorgrid series to display approximately 500-1000 spectra (z), each 1024 channels long (x), with the channel heights being the colour. I also use CenteredPoints.This works fine when the spectral dimension is plotted as an integer, as I can have IrregularGrid set to false.

As each spectra is associated with a depth (normally 0.1m spacing, but it varies), I'd like to set IrregularGrid to true, but the performance drops too far to be practical for use. I've been advised some time ago that there is little that can be done about that, but if you have ideas let me know.

I am trying to find a way to leave IrregularGrid set to false but to show the depth scaling that I want. I suspect the easiest way would be to plot my colorgrid using integers as I usually do, hide that axes, and at the same time plot a dummy colorgrid (hidden under the main colorgrid) just big enough to make another axes the way I want it, ie with irregulargrid and centeredpoints on.

This kind of works, however I'm finding that IrregularGrid and CenteredPoints don't seem to work together properly... it seems to behave as if CenteredPoints is off. I think this is a bug... can you confirm?

If you can also see a way around my problem(s), I'd be most interested to hear about it. I've attached an example app where the left hand colorgrid (shades of blue, dummygrid) is irregular, while the right hand side one (mostly red, colorgrid1) is not. By toggling CenteredPoints you should see what I mean.

Thanks, Michael
Attachments
GraphTest4.zip
(63.35 KiB) Downloaded 638 times

Christopher
Guru

Re: IrregularGrid and CenteredPoints don't work together

Post by Christopher » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:03 am

Michael,
Michael wrote:This kind of works, however I'm finding that IrregularGrid and CenteredPoints don't seem to work together properly... it seems to behave as if CenteredPoints is off. I think this is a bug... can you confirm?
l
Yes, I can confirm this as a problem and it has been added to our database with id=649. As you can see, this defect has already been fixed and will become available in due course through the maintenance releases.
Best Regards,
Christopher Ireland / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Instructions - How to post in this forum