Error installing Windows XP x64

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
LibDundas

Error installing Windows XP x64

Post by LibDundas » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:35 pm

Hello,

I have a question about using the TeeChart for .NET 2010 with Visual Studio 2010 on a Windows XP x64 (64bit) system.

I am trying to install the following version: TeeChart.NET 2010 VS.NET 2010 version 4.1.2010.08043

I cannot install the version on my Windows XP 64-bit machine and this is a serious problem for my development timelines.

I receive the following errors during installation:

If I click NO, I see the following:

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error installing Windows XP x64

Post by Sandra » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:52 am

Hello LibDundas,

The HelpLibManager.exe error is a known problem we noticed some time ago in some 64bit windows. The problem was added to the defect list with number TF02015099 and it's actually fixed.

We observed that after if you an answer "No" to the "rollback" question the installation has almost finished. Only the StartMenu shortcuts are missing, and the component hasn't been added to the Visual Studio Toolbox.

The missing Shortcuts are:
- Feature demo: "\Steema Software\TeeChart for .NET 2010\Examples\DemoProject\bin\ExecutableDemo\TeeChartNetExamples.exe"
- Maps demo: "\Steema Software\TeeChart for .NET 2010\Examples\MapProject\bin\ExecutableDemo\TeeMaps.exe"
- OpenGL demo: "\Steema Software\TeeChart for .NET 2010\Examples\OpenGLProject\bin\ExecutableDemo\OpenGLDemo.exe"
- Silverlight demo. "\Steema Software\TeeChart for .NET 2010\Examples\DemoProjectSilverlight\bin\ExecutableDemo\TestPage.html"
- WPF demo: "\Steema Software\TeeChart for .NET 2010\Examples\DemoProjectWPF\bin\ExecutableDemo\WPFDemo.exe"
- TeeChart for .NET Help: "\Steema Software\TeeChart for .NET 2010\Docs\TeeChartNET4.chm"
- TeeChart for .NET Tutorials: "\Steema Software\TeeChart for .NET 2010\Docs\TeeChart for .Net Tutorials.chm"

To add the component to the Visual Studio Toolbox manually, create a new Tab for TeeChart .NET in the Toolbox and add the component manually browsing it from "Choose Items..." menu.

I hope will helps.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

LibDundas

Post by LibDundas » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks Sandra.

I did what you mentioned and created the shortcuts for both help documents. Adding the toolbox items in VS2010 also worked out well.

However, I cannot run the TeeChartnetExamples.exe or any exe files for that matter. I assume these executables were written for a x86 (32-bit) system and this is why they won't run. I do refer to the example when searching for new features. Does an x64 version exist somewhere without upgrading my full TeeChart suite?

Thanks again,
Kevin

PS. If it was up to me, I would have upgraded our subscription months ago. The problem is convincing upper management :)

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sandra » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:51 am

Hello Kevin,

Ok. It problem is solved in last version of TeeChart.Net, but for your version I suggest that take a look in this thread where explain how you do to solve the problem.
Does an x64 version exist somewhere without upgrading my full TeeChart suite?
You can find in Customer Download Page an assembly for x64. You must know that it you only can use to compile application if you would work in design time you need use assembly of X86.

I hope will helps.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum