TChartPageNavigator buttons

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
rhyden

TChartPageNavigator buttons

Post by rhyden » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:23 pm

I find that when I am navigating my chart, using the TChartPageNavigator, that the buttons draw themselves very strangely as I click on them. The example application does the same thing. I cannot imagine that this behavior is desired. But I need to know, how do I make the navigation buttons not drastically change when they are clicked on?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:22 am

Hi rhyden,

I couldn't reproduce it here. What TeeChart version are you using? Could you verify that the version you are using is the latest available at the download area?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

rhyden

Post by rhyden » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:35 pm

I am using 7.11. I am getting lots of complains about how these buttons look after the user clicks on them. I will of course check to see if the latest is any different.

Edit: Version 7.12 behaves the same way. The problem is most easily seen when using the "New Features Demo", specifically the "Page Navigator" example.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:28 am

Hi rhyden,

This demo seems to work fine for me here.
The buttons on TChartPageNavigator derive from standard Delphi TSpeedButtons. To check whether an execution feature of TChartPageNavigator is affecting button render you could run an example with conventional TSpeedButtons on your form to see whether they behave in a similar manner.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Richard Seaby

Post by Richard Seaby » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:27 am

I get the odd behaviour in the example program too. V8.02.

If I run my mouse over the buttons some become light grey, if I click on the the Glyph changes side and sometime they look "down" and sometime not.

it looks like a refresh issue of some form.

Richard

rhyden

Post by rhyden » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:27 pm

I can make this work in an acceptable way by setting the "flat" property for each button to false. However there is a bug in the control, when accessing the object in the button array, that I must work around to do this.

The following code generates a compile error.
ChartPager.Buttons[0].Flat := false;
(E2010 Incompatible types: 'TTeeNavigateBtn' and 'Integer')

It wants a TTeeNavigateBtn object instead of 0 for the index into the TTeeNavigateBtn button array. This seems quite odd to me. I can work around this by doing the following.

ChartPager.Buttons[TTeeNavigateBtn(0)].Flat := false;

This works just fine.

Thanks for your help.