TChart 8.02 and TeeValueSingle

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
David Novo

TChart 8.02 and TeeValueSingle

Post by David Novo » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:34 pm

Hello All,

It seems that the TChart source will not compile if the TeeValueSingle directive is set. The first failure we found was at

TChartSeries.XValue
TChartSeries.YValue

The properties is defined as TChartValue but the setters take in a double

Another thing is that TIsoSurfaceSeries.YPosition is set as a tChartValue instead of a double. Why would the YPosition be a TChartValue?

Are we the ONLY people using TChart with TeeValueSingle? How many people really need double precision charting values?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:51 am

Hi David,
It seems that the TChart source will not compile if the TeeValueSingle directive is set. The first failure we found was at

TChartSeries.XValue
TChartSeries.YValue

The properties is defined as TChartValue but the setters take in a double
Thanks for reporting. I've added the defect to our bug list (TV52012826) to be fixed for next releases.

Another thing is that TIsoSurfaceSeries.YPosition is set as a tChartValue instead of a double. Why would the YPosition be a TChartValue?

Are we the ONLY people using TChart with TeeValueSingle? How many people really need double precision charting values?
I've also added this to our wish-list to be reviewed and considered for enhancement in next versions.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

David Novo

Post by David Novo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:07 pm

Hi Narcis,

Thank you for looking into this. However, I think you misunderstood my last point.

Currently, TChart is not compiling with TeeValueSingle and one of the reasons is because TIsoSurface.YPosition is partially set as a TChartValue. I don't care one way or another which one it is, (i.e. TChartValue or double) but it does not seem appropriate for it to be TChartValue.