Installation woes - V8 and delphi 2007

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
PhilipLJackson

Installation woes - V8 and delphi 2007

Post by PhilipLJackson » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:04 pm

All

The installation failed with an error 12029 A connection with the server could not be established.

I have downloaded/installed evaluation version and then the separate source and teeRecompile as advised by Ara.

When I now enter D2007, I get an error can not load package Tee811. It contains 'TeeAbout' which is also contained in package 'Tee7100'.

I have checked a couple time it definitely says 'tee7100' (i was expecting Tee710).

I can not find this package.

Please advise next course of action.

Thanks in advance

Philip L Jackson

Stuart

Post by Stuart » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:20 pm

I've had similar problems with many upgrades of TeeChart. Perhaps your solution will be different, but (in addition to disabling/removing the TeeChart packages in the IDE, uninstalling the old version, and renaming dcltee*.bpl if found in BDS\x.0\bin) don't forget to uninstall any packages/components you've written that depend, even indirectly, on TeeChart. After installing the new version, then rebuild and reinstall your components. One that keeps burning me is a design-time component that depends on a non-visual component that includes a tchart.

HTH,

-- Stuart

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:23 am

Hi Philip,

As Stuart says, this is because the IDE is still referencing old TeeChart packages having them installed or through another 3rd party component. I've sent you an e-mail with the URL to download a new installer we created to solve this problem about not being able to connect to the server.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

PhilipLJackson

Sorry but the installer you sent did not work

Post by PhilipLJackson » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:37 am

Hi Narcis

I sent an email reply but it has been returned to me, so I have copied the body of the text here less images......

Thanks for this but I am sorry it still did not work (by the way when we resolve this could I also have a Delphi6 version).

The file I downloaded is highlighted below

And this is the error. I have made sure I had an internet connection before running the installer and there is nothing unusual about my connection, it is a simple connection to an ISP.

Any plan B?

Regards

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:53 am

Hi Philip,

Having internet connection with no firewall or proxy server blocking installers access to the internet on the machine you tried to install you shouldn't have had any problem with the original installer.

Also, using TeeRecompile, in the links Ara sent you, you should be able to compile and install the packages for all Delphi and C++ Builder versions you may have.

Having said that, I'd try to focus on the error messages you get in the IDE/s and help you solving them. The error message you originally posted means that your Delphi 2007 is still referencing its default TeeChart packages. Please read this thread on how to solve this issue.

If this doesn't help don't hesitate to let us know and post the error messages you may get.

Thanks in advance!
Best Regards,
Steema Software

PhilipLJackson

We are getting there

Post by PhilipLJackson » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:13 pm

Hi

I have completed a full serch of my system and deleted all files tee700.

When I open a project I get an error message about can not find a couple of .bpl files. I select remove and after I have saved the project when I re load I do not get any errors.

However I am left with a slight problem in that the teeCharts are marked as TRIAL and occassionally a trial splash screen is displayed.

This probably comes about as I was advised to install the trial licence first and then overwrite with another set of source code.

How do I convice Delphi that I have licenced copies of the code?

Re Delphi 6, yes the recompile did take account of both D6 and D2007, thanks

Regards

PLJ

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:33 pm

Hi Philip,

This seems to indicate that your Delphi is still referencing the packages created by the binary installer and not those created by TeeRecompile. You could check at Project->Options->Directories/Conditionals->Packages that TeeCahrt v8 packages enabled are the ones at the path created by TeeRecompile and also check that Project->Options->Directories/Conditionals->Search Path has "Bin" and "Lib" folders created by TeeRecompile on TOP of that list. After that check the left-bottom "Default" checkbox.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Steema Software

PhilipLJackson

Still No Joy

Post by PhilipLJackson » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:37 pm

Hi

I have made some screen dumps of the various paths to see if you can spot any errors I may be making

Regards

Image [/img]

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:50 pm

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the info.

Paths seem fine to me but are those paths the ones created by the evaluation version or created by TeeRecompile? Or have you overwritten evaluation files with the files generated by TeeRecompile? You should also check the packages list.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

PhilipLJackson

D6 - Good D2007 Bad

Post by PhilipLJackson » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:02 pm

Hi

I removed all the versions I had and re installed V8 from the demo copy and then added the source files afterwards.

I used TeeRecompile to re compile both versions.

D6 is now working fine. Although I have not given it a rigerous test all seems OK and TeeChart is available in Report Builder.

D2007 is another story however. After TeeRecompile when I go into D2007 TeeChart components are visible

When I select a Chart component I get an exception error and then the components vanish from the palette

Any advice as to next action?

By the way, one of the installers (sorry but I am not sure which - I have tried so many) put the D2007 code into a folder 8.0.1 whilst another put the D6 code went into 801.

Regards

PLJ
[/img]

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:43 am

Hi Philip,
When I select a Chart component I get an exception error and then the components vanish from the palette

Any advice as to next action?
This is quite strange, it's the first time I hear about this. Have you checked that Delphi 2007 points to the new version paths? You could also try installing Delphi 2007 updates available, this may fix some issues with the IDE.

If this doesn't help please let us know.
By the way, one of the installers (sorry but I am not sure which - I have tried so many) put the D2007 code into a folder 8.0.1 whilst another put the D6 code went into 801.

Thanks for your information. I'll add this to our wish-list to be enhanced for future releases.
Best Regards,
Steema Software