QuickReport407PD2007 and TeeChart7.11Delphi2007 integration

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Gertrude

QuickReport407PD2007 and TeeChart7.11Delphi2007 integration

Post by Gertrude » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:49 pm

I am using Windows XP SP2.

I have installed Delphi 2007 and then QuickReports407PD2007 followed by TeeChart711 for Delphi2007, to the standard directories.

As I wanted to integrate TeeChart and QuickReports I followed the instructions found in the TEECHart QReport directory, and tried to compile TeeQR711.dpk in Delphi2007.

However the compilation failed with the message

DCC error TeeQR711.dpk(32) E2202 Required package QRpt not found.

DclTQR711.dpk also requires QRpt.

I have discovered a qrpt70.bpl file in the windows\system32 directory. Is that what should be in the requires list instead or what?

Anyway, I'd be most grateful as to what to do next.

Thanking you in anticipation

Colin

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:32 am

Hi Colin,

You need to change the packages references as told in this article.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Gertrude

Post by Gertrude » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:50 am

Thanks, but the document only covers up to Delphi7 not Delphi2007 which is Delphi11.

I tried changing '7' in the filenames to '11' but that did not work as the filenames and also the extensions have changed.

Also the QRpt library which used to be in the free QRtee component does not exist in the Delphi2007 version. It is the reference to this library which failed when I followed the instructions that came with the TeeChart 7.11 version.

I do not know which set of instructions is the latest (the one that came with TeeChart7.11) or the reference you gave me.

Anyway, I cannot get either to work.

I have always been a big fan of TeeChart, having bought every version since it came out. However this is putting me off, getting TeeChart 8.

I would very much appreciate detailed and up to date instructions for integrating TeeChart7.11 and QuickReports4.07 for Delphi2007

Colin

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:21 am

Hi Colin,
Thanks, but the document only covers up to Delphi7 not Delphi2007 which is Delphi11.

I tried changing '7' in the filenames to '11' but that did not work as the filenames and also the extensions have changed.
In that case packages should be named after *tee711* meaning TeeChart v7 packages for Delphi 2007.
Also the QRpt library which used to be in the free QRtee component does not exist in the Delphi2007 version. It is the reference to this library which failed when I followed the instructions that came with the TeeChart 7.11 version.
As told in steps 1 and 6 in the article I pointed you, you need to update the QR reference in TQRChart packages. You may also need to add new QR version path to packages search path list at Project\Options\Directories/Conditionals. You could try using the packages at C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.11 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport and just upgrade the QR reference.

Also, if you are a TeeChart source code customer, you can uninstall TeeChart, install QR Pro and run Recompile tool (included with sourcecode installation) which will automatically recompile TeeChart and TQRChart packages and install them at your IDE.
I do not know which set of instructions is the latest (the one that came with TeeChart7.11) or the reference you gave me.
Instructions at he article I pointed are more detailed.
Anyway, I cannot get either to work.

I have always been a big fan of TeeChart, having bought every version since it came out. However this is putting me off, getting TeeChart 8.

I would very much appreciate detailed and up to date instructions for integrating TeeChart7.11 and QuickReports4.07 for Delphi2007
Please try following the instructions provided. If you don't succeed please let us know the exact problems you are having and error messages you may get. We will try to help you solving them.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Gertrude

Post by Gertrude » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:51 pm

Sorry, but I have told you what the problems are and I am just getting frustrated by this.

I said I tried replacing 7 by 11 in the filenames and that did not work and you just replied by telling me to replace 7 by 11.

I say again the document you pointed me at, only covers up to Delphi 7 and that filenames and extensions have changed. It is not just a case of replacing 7 by 11.

I said there was no such library as QRpt. You said therefore I should change the reference but did not tell me what to change it to.

If the document that you pointed me at, is more recent than the document that comes will the TeeChart7.11 download, why was that not included in the download instead of the incorrect and out of date instructions that were in the download.

I cannot be the only person trying to do this. Hopefully someone who has done this, will be kind enough to explain to me the exact steps to take.

Colin

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:54 pm

Hi Colin,

Ok, we will try to arrange the packages here and send them to you.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Gertrude

Post by Gertrude » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:22 pm

Thank you.

However, I would prefer to have detailed, correct and up to date instructions on how to do this as well, so that I can carry out the necessary operations myself in future.

If I upgrade to Version 8 of TeeChart, for example, I cannot expect you to keep producing packages for me. If I have a good set of instructions then I can do it myself.

I am sure other people would also appreciate such instructions.

I am just trying to make a superb product even better and updating and adding such instructions to the latest version of TeeChart would help to achieve that.

Colin

Gertrude

Post by Gertrude » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:48 am

Well, it is over a week, since I was promised some packages and since I asked for correct instructions.

It seems like I have been forgotten, and I am speaking to an audience of one, i.e. myself.

What a sad, sad end to my association with teeChart after all these years of being a loyal customer

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:28 am

Hi Colin,

Sorry for the delay, on staff holiday changeover here we had missed that the files had not been sent to you.

To follow on from your request, we've made some tests and I've written a first outline of what probably will end in a general article of "how-to install TQR for Teechart v7.12 and QuickReport v4.07 for Dephi 2007".

Here is the "how-to":
  • 1. Unistall old teechart with Delphi 2007 closed.
    2. Unistall old quickreport with Delphi 2007 closed.
    3. Open Delphi 2007 and test it by creating a new vcl forms application and running the empty form by pressing F9.
    4. Install quickreport (in this example the installer is QR407PD2007.exe) with Delphi 2007 closed.
    5. Open Delphi 2007 and add QuickReport component C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\QuickRep\bpl\QR4DesignD2007.bpl at Components->Install packages...
    6. Add the search path: C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\QuickRep at Project->Default Options->Delphi for Win32
    7. Test delphi 2007 with QuickReport by creating a new vcl application forms, place a quickreport and run the application.
    8. Install TeeChart (in this example v7.12 is TeeChart7.12Delphi2007.exe) with Delphi 2007 closed.
    9. Open Delphi 2007 and test it placing a chart in an empty application form and run the application.

Now let's get ready to compile tqr.
    10. Create a new folder to place our new compiled files (C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport\compiled).
    11. Open package C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport\TeeQR711.dpk (File->Open Project...).
    12. Remove the file qrpt.dcp from the requires list (Right click at the file and "Remove from project").
    13. Add the correct requires by right clicking at Requires and clicking "Add Reference..." (C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\QuickRep\bpl\QR4RunD2007.dcp).
    14. Add the search paths (at Project->Options->Directories/Conditionals):
    C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\QuickRep (already added at step 6)
    C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport
    15. And add "output directory", "Unit outputdirectory" and "DCP output directory" C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport\compiled
    16. Save the project (File->Save all) and build the project (Shift+F9).
    17. Open package C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport\DclTQR711.dpk (File->Open Project...).
    18. Remove the file dcltee711.dcp from the requires list (Right click at the file and "Remove from project").
    19. Add the correct requires by right clicking at Requires and clicking "Add Reference..." (C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\Lib\dclteepro711.dcp).
    20. Add the search paths (at Project->Options->Directories/Conditionals):
    C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport\compiled
    C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport
    C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\lib
    C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\QuickRep
    21. And add "output directory", "Unit outputdirectory" and "DCP output directory" C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport\compiled
    22. Save the project (File->Save all) and build the project (Shift+F9).

Now you sould have everything you need compiled.
    23. Close Delphi 2007.
    24. Copy the compiled files:
    C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport\compiled\DclTQR711.bpl
    C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport\compiled\TeeQR711.bpl
    to the path: C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\Bin
    24 (bis). Copy the compiled file C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport\compiled\TeeQR711.bpl to you windows' system folder (probably C:\WINDOWS\system32).
    25. Open Delphi 2007 and add TeeChart 7 for QuickReport component C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\Bin\DclTQR711.bpl at Components->Install packages...
    26. Add the search path (at Project->Options->Directories/Conditionals): C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport
I hope it helps and if you are not able to run it, tell us and we'll make any necessary adjustments. We have sent you a private mail with a link to the files we have prepared so that they can at least help you to keep going if the steps above cause any unforseen problems.

Apologies once again for the delay.
Last edited by Yeray on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:39 am, edited 7 times in total.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Gertrude

Post by Gertrude » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:42 pm

Thank you for the draft instructions.

1) As I said earlier, TeeChart 8 is out now. So what is needed is instructions for how to integrate any recent version of TeeChart with any recent version of Quickreports.

If I upgrade to TeeChart 8, then I want to be able to integrate Quickreports into Teechart8 all by myself, without having to get help from tech support, so it is no good making the instructions hardcoded to particular versions. The instructions need to be generalisable to other versions as far as possible.

2) Where did you email the private stuff, as I cannot find it, I just got a notification that a reply had been made?

3) I ran into a problem at step 7. I added a quickreport to a form and tried to compile the application, but got an error saying 'could not find quickrpt.dcu. Indeed that is true. I have a quickrpt.pas and a quickrpt.res file, but no dcu file. I tried to remedy this by explicitly adding quickrpt.pas to the project, but then I got an error saying could not find qrprntr.dcu, so I gave up.

Please, please, do not now pass the buck and say this is all quickreports fault. What do I do now?

Colin

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:40 am

Hi Colin,

1) We wrote the instructions according to the version we made the test, the same you said you had at the beginning of this thread. But for TeeChart v8 you only should change the 7s for 8s.

As I told you, we will write a general article as soon as possible where we'll use special characters (jokers) to be replaced for the specific versions of each customer.

2) We've sent you a new mail, this time to the mail you used to register to the forums. The other one was sent replying your mail to sales department.

3) If you have installed you QuickReport correctly, you should have the unit quickrpt.dcu somewhere. At the step 6 we add its default installation path to the Delphi search path, but if you installed your QuickReport to another path, this one is which you should include to the search path.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Gertrude

Post by Gertrude » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:43 pm

First, please accept my apologies. It seems this is a quickreport problem. There is a fault in their installation script.

They are working on a fix.

However, if there is a fault, I do not understand how you could have installed that version of quickreports.

Also you said you had sent me some libraries, but I notice you said you were using TeeChart7.12. However, I have TeeChart7.11 installed.

So can I use the libraries you sent me, with TeeChart7.11. Also what do I have to do to install them. Do I have to uninstall anything.

This whole thing is just one catalog of disaster after disaster, with me stuck in the middle.

Colin

Gertrude

Post by Gertrude » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:39 pm

OK, I've managed to get the missing quickreport fils to compile, whilst still waiting for their tech support to fix the problem.

However, now I'm stuck on your step 11 and 12.

Do I start a new project and then do step 11, or do I do what I did and not start a new project, but just select file new project and do File-open Project to open the TeeQR711.dpk package.

When I did this I could see no source files or anything. So I clicked on the view unit icon on the op left. This opened up some source with a tab heading of qrtee and first few lines as follows.

{**********************************************}
{ TDBChart for QuickReport }
{ Copyright (c) 1996-2007 by David Berneda }
{ All Rights Reserved }
{**********************************************}
unit QrTee;
{$I TeeDefs.inc}

I can see no requires statement anywhere in the source.

I assume I have misunderstood something.

What have I done wrong.

Colin

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:10 am

Hi Colin,

First of all you should understand clearly what does the numbers in the file names mean. Following my previous example with TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007, you can see teechart file names such as tee711, dcltee711,... or similar names always using the number 711 but this number doesn't mean Teechart v7.11 (remember we're in a Teechart v7.12 example). So the first number (7) is the Teechart version and the second number(11) is the version of Delphi (Delphi 2007 is their 11th version). So for version 8 the same files should be called tee811, dcltee811,...

I strongly recomend you to download the latest TeeChart version which is available at private customers download page (TeeChart v7.12) wich includes some fixes (some relevant with installation on Delphi 2007).

Then, if you install TeeChart v7.12 for Delphi 2007, you can use the files I sent you, copying them to the path "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport\compiled\" and following steps from 24 to 26. But if you use the older TeeChart v7.11 you will not be able to use them.

Also is important to don't jump or change the order of any step, even the uninstalation ones. And be sure to have your previous versions correctly unistalled navigating and looking and deleting old Teechart, and QuickReport files and folders. And even cleaning your register with any registry tool should be a good idea before starting to reinstall anything.

According to your problem at step 11, you should open an existing project, you don't need a new one. So you have to close all your opened project (File->Close All) and then go to File->Open Project... and then navigate and find the package named TeeQR711.dpk (as you're working with TeeChart v7 for Delphi 2007) which you should have at C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport (default instalation path).

And when you'll have this project opened correctly, you'll see some filenames in the window at your right called "Project Manager" (you can activate/deactivate it at View menu). And in this menu you'll see the Requires section and you'll be able to modify it according to the next steps.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Gertrude

Post by Gertrude » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:31 pm

Thanks for the explanation of your naming convention.

Unfortunately, I only have a slow dial-up link to the internet, so I cannot keep downloading huge files, so I will have to stick with what I have for the moment.

May I suggest that when you write your generic instructions, that you mention using the program manager to find the requires list. It was not obvious to me at all.

Also I found the QR4RunD2007.dcp in the bpl subdirectory of QuickRep and so I used that at step 14. Is that OK. (I also used TeeChart7.11 rather than TeeChart7.12 for my directory name)

I then came unstuck at step 16, because there is 1 error when I try to build the project. The error is:-

[DCC Error] QRTee.pas(358): F2039 Could not create output file 'C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.11 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport\compiled \QRTee.dcu'

(Note that I am using 7.11 not 7.12 in my path).

Any idea what is wrong now?

Colin