[Need advice] Incrusting a TChart on another TChart...

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
bertrod
Advanced

[Need advice] Incrusting a TChart on another TChart...

Post by bertrod » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Hello,

For my customers it's a need to be able to view a chart over another one like my example below :

I'm thinking about 2 possibilities :

1. Adding a TChart component on the main TChart, but the problem is to be able to save the image as GIF, JPEG, etc. correctly (with the 2nd little chart).

2. Creating a new component which inherits from TAnnotationTool, and draw a TChart component inside the derived TAnnotationTool, but it seems quite difficult to realize.

Do you have some suggestions for my problem ? If you think it's possible, you could add this to your wish-list.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:33 pm

Hi bertrod,

For v8, which is the version we are currently working in, we implemented some features to support more multiple charts combinations.

In the meantime, you could either try using:

- Just drop a smaller chart above the bigger one.

- Use a TChart for the big chart and use an invisible chart to draw the small one, export it to an image and embed it into the bigger one using an image tool.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

bertrod
Advanced

Post by bertrod » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:54 pm

Hi Narcis,

- putting one chart above a bigger one is a problem because the little chart will not be visible when exporting as GIF, JPEG, etc.

- using a TImageTool is the best solution I see, but it involves some modifications in TeeTools.pas to make the TChartImageTool do what I want.

Do you have an idea when the V8 of TChart will be released ? If it's not too far from now, maybe I can wait.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:57 pm

Hi bertrod,

I don't know when it will be out exactly. However, we currently have a beta version available. If you are you interested on it we can send you the information to download it.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum