how to make the axes the same length

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
David Novo

how to make the axes the same length

Post by David Novo » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:18 am

Hello,

The users in my application can resize the tchart. However, I want to ensure that the left and bottom axis are the same length, irrespective of the size of the tchart. Is there a way to make sure that this happens. something like:

1) calculate axis lengths as they would normally do
2) find shorter of the left or bottom axis
3) make the other longer axis length = shorter axis length
4) plot the points with the new axis lengths.

Thanks,
Dave

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:09 am

Hello Dave,

The best way for doing this is making axis isometric as in the "isometric axis" example in the TeeChart features demo. To find it run the demo available at the TeeChart program group and search for "isometric axis".
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

David Novo

Post by David Novo » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:15 am

Hello Narcis,

I found this demo a while ago, but it is not what I need. This changes the max-min range of the longer axis so that it is proportionally longer than the max-min range of the shorter axis. As a result , there are considerable blank areas on the plot.

It would be fine for what I needed if I could make the empty part of the x axis in the isometric series dissapear. I know that I could move the Y axis over to the right to start at X position =0, however, how do I get rid of the extra axis lines on the x axis where there is no data?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:31 am

Hello Dave,

What you need for eliminating those areas is already available in the example. In the features demo there are the sources for the examples included so you just have to modify it so that fits your needs.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

David Novo

Post by David Novo » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:46 pm

Hello Narcis,

I may be going crazy, but I do not see where the "isometric axis" demo includes a part about how to eliminate the parts of the longer axis that are unused. The demo just has a single button to "make axis isometric" that creates large unused areas on the X-axis.

If it is in another demo, please let me know which one and I will gladly modify the code in it to suit my needs.

-Dave