Few different problems

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Lukasz

Few different problems

Post by Lukasz » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:45 pm

HI, sorry about one post for few topics but i want to only report problem.

1. After install version 2022.35 all hints/windows in Delphi show that this version is 2022.34.

2. Recompile - it detect 4 IDE's. If i check IDE version to recompile, then uncheck it, expand IDE compilers i cannot select first compiler. Example below. I cannot check Win32. I've check whole IDE, uncheck it and second time i can select Win32 for Delphi Sydney.
recompile.png
recompile.png (387.96 KiB) Viewed 6312 times
3. After installation but before compilation VCL there are 2 language files - in my example for Polish: TeePolish.pas and VCLTee.TeePolish.pas (maybe also FMX one). First is ANSI encoding, second one UTF-16LE. The UTF-16LE version is broken about translations. It produce this:
bad encoding.png
bad encoding.png (66.62 KiB) Viewed 6312 times
After every update i have to copy content from TeePolish (ANSI) to VCLTee.TeePolish (UTF-16LE) and change conding of file to ANSI or convert external for UTF-16LE. After this i get proper text:
ok.png
ok.png (59.19 KiB) Viewed 6312 times
Can it be repair? I've searched forum but i don't find that anyone else had this problem.
Can someone from Poland confirm that Polish translation after installation is broken?

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Few different problems

Post by Marc » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:11 pm

Hello,

We have been able o reproduce point 2 and are working to resolve it.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:34 am

Lukasz wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:45 pm
1. After install version 2022.35 all hints/windows in Delphi show that this version is 2022.34.
That was by a human mistake in the v2022.35 release. I believe it only affects the source code version, not the binary version.
It shouldn't happen in the next release.
Lukasz wrote:
2. Recompile - it detect 4 IDE's. If i check IDE version to recompile, then uncheck it, expand IDE compilers i cannot select first compiler. Example below. I cannot check Win32. I've check whole IDE, uncheck it and second time i can select Win32 for Delphi Sydney.
This should be fixed in the next release.
Lukasz wrote:
3. After installation but before compilation VCL there are 2 language files - in my example for Polish: TeePolish.pas and VCLTee.TeePolish.pas (maybe also FMX one). First is ANSI encoding, second one UTF-16LE. The UTF-16LE version is broken about translations.
Lukasz wrote:
After every update i have to copy content from TeePolish (ANSI) to VCLTee.TeePolish (UTF-16LE) and change conding of file to ANSI or convert external for UTF-16LE. After this i get proper text:
I can reproduce the problem but I'm not able to fix it following your instructions.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Lukasz

Post by Lukasz » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:43 pm

I can reproduce the problem but I'm not able to fix it following your instructions.
I've install fresh copy of Delphi 11.2 and tryed to resolve this problem.
After installation Steema VCL i found 7! language files for Polish language but they are the same. These files are:
  • FMXTee.Language.Polish.pas - (..\Source\FMX\)
  • FMXTee.Language.Polish.pas - (..\Source\UnicodeLangs\FMX\)
  • FMXTee_Language_Polish.pas - (..\Source\UnicodeLangs\FMI\) - what is FMI? is there a mistake
  • VCLTee.TeePolish.pas - (..\Source\VCL\)
  • VCLTee.TeePolish.pas - (..\Source\UnicodeLangs\VCL\)
  • TeePolish.pas - (..\Source\)
  • TeePolish.pas - (..\Source\UnicodeLangs\VCL\)
Some of the files are encoded in ANSI and some in UTF-16 LE BOM. File VCLTee.TeePolish.pas located in "..\Source\VCL\" have good translation (encoded in UTF-16 LE BOM). I've opened that file in Notepad++ and copy/paste it's content to the VCLTee.TeePolish.pas located in "..\Source\UnicodeLangs\VCL\" (also encoded in UTF-16 LE BOM but with errors in encoding). After recompile TeeChart i got proper translation in VCL in Delphi. I think the same should be done for FMX.

The question is why there are so many same language files? Cannot just one be used globally for all platforms?
The files differ only in name and theoretically in the directives used, but these directives do not change anything in the file - I checked the references to other units.
Isn't it better to simplify these translations and leave only one language file for each language?

By the way, do you know when to expect the new edition? I am interested in the solution to the problem from topic:
https://www.steema.com/support/viewtopi ... =3&t=17680

EDIT:
In 2022.36.220929 translations are good. The problem doesn't exists.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:51 pm

Hello,

This all happens because TeeChart supports both old and newer IDEs. Some of them include full unicode support and some not. Some include prefixes and both VCL and FMX, and some are just VCL without prefixes.

We maintain a single version of every file and we generate the "unicode" and prefixed versions for newer IDEs when creating the installers so they are included in the "UnicodeLangs" folder.
So, when you install the source version, there's the main version of the language file at the "Source" folder (to be used when compiling for old IDEs) and the "unicode" and prefixed versions at the "UnicodeLangs" folder.
Then, when you run TeeRecompile for newer IDEs, the "Source\VCL" and "Source\FMX" folders are created and populated with the according files and compiles them.

BTW, "FMI" was the prefix for iOS Simulator platform in RAD XE2.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:32 pm

Hello,

This is just to let you know I just corrected my reply above.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software