Ternary Graph Assigning the Weighting parameter

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Errol

Ternary Graph Assigning the Weighting parameter

Post by Errol » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:06 am

I am having continuing problems assigning the Weighting parameter in a ternary graph, as follows:
1. If I do not assign this parameter, the graph does not draw.
2. If I assign it to the Weight field from my input memory table (derived from a csv file), the Weighting value is set to zero, and the Y field is filled with the Weight values.
3. If I assign the parameter to the same field as the Radius parameter, the Weighting is still zero, but at least the Y field is filled to the correct values.
I have attached a simple example project that shows these effects. I would be grateful if you could indicate what I am doing wrong here.
Many thanks
Errol
Attachments
TernaryGraph_Weight.zip
(8.82 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ternary Graph Assigning the Weighting parameter

Post by Yeray » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:32 pm

As mentioned here this project seems to be using components we don't have here (TkbmMemTable, TkbmCSVStreamFormat).
If you still find problems with it, could you please arrange example projects using the minimum code to reproduce them and without using 3rd party libraries?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Errol

Post by Errol » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:10 am

Good evening Yeray
Thank you for your response. As I use kbmMemTables with line series and bar series without any problems, I do not believe that the kbmMemTable is the cause of the difficulties I am having with Ternary Series. Rather, I feel it is because i am not correctly assigning the various axes and other ternary series parameters to the kbmMemTable fields.
Rather than rewriting the example project ot get the data from the csv file to a Ternary Series by some other method, and still failing because I am assigning the parameters incorrectly, I would appreciate it if you could write a simple example project that uses the csv file in the TernaryGraph_Weight example project as data input, and show how the X, Y, Z axes and the Radius and Weight parameters are assigned.
I look forward to receiving such a project, and appreciate all your asistance in this matter.
Best regards
Errol

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:36 am

Hello Errol,

Sorry for the delay here.
Find attached the project modified to use the TSeriesTextSource instead of the kbmMemTables. It seems to work without problems:
TernaryGraph_Weight.zip
(3.01 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy