Install problems on Borland C++ v6.

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Jorgen

Install problems on Borland C++ v6.

Post by Jorgen » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:39 am

Hi All

After removing my old teechart v5 and installing a new v7 (tried both standard and the beta version) I get the following message:

"can't load package :Progra~1\steema~1\teecha~1\BuilderC6\Bin\DclTee7C6.bpl.
Cannot load package "tee7c6" it contains unit "teeconst" which is also contained in package "tee60"....."

I have renamed Cbuilder6 directory to BuilderC6 and tried a reinstall, but this did not help either. I have also tested this on my old computer with the same result.

Any help will be greatly appriciated, Jørgen

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:35 am

Hi Jorgen,

You should check if your Project>Options>Directories include path and library path have included "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7 for C++ Builder 6\CBuilder6\Include" and "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7 for C++ Builder 6\CBuilder6\Lib" respectively both in the first search position.

Note that those paths are default english installation paths.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Jorgen

Post by Jorgen » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:48 am

Hi again

I have the correct search directories so this is not the reason for the problem. And the problem arises when starting Borland Builder and not when compiling!

Any other help will be appriciated, Jørgen

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Install problems on Borland C++ v6.

Post by Marjan » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:25 am

9235006 wrote:Hi All
"can't load package :Progra~1\steema~1\teecha~1\BuilderC6\Bin\DclTee7C6.bpl.
Cannot load package "tee7c6" it contains unit "teeconst" which is also contained in package "tee60"....."
I have renamed Cbuilder6 directory to BuilderC6 and tried a reinstall, but this did not help either. I have also tested this on my old computer with the same result.
Most likely the problem is one of installed packages is still using old TeeChart v4 Standard (version shipped with BCB6) packages.

There are several possibilities:

1) The installation was not 100% successful. The solution is to manually install TeeChart v7 PRO for BCB 6. Basically, all you have to do is copy all files from Teechart v7 CBuilder6 folders to appropriate folders in Program Files\CBuilder6. Or alternatively, add TeeChart v7 CBuilder Include and Lib directories to BCB6 include and library path list. Make sure all the Stantard Teechart components has been removed from the Component List (in the IDE).

2) The installation was successful but there is another package that is still referencing old (Tee60) files. Possible packages are :

a) Quick Report. This is possible only if you installed Quick Report PRO (or the newest version of QR Standard) after you installed TeeChart v7 PRO for BCB6. The problem is all Quick Report versions are compiled with TeeChart v4 STANDARD (Tee60) files. The solution is to recompile TQRChart component files. Necessary files + instructions how to do it are located in TeeChart \CBuilder6\QuickReport\ directory.

b) Report Builder. The cause of problem is the same - RB was compiled with Tee60 files. The solution is to download and install Report Builder that supports TeeChart v7.X PRO for BCB6.

c) Decision Cube. This case applies only if you're using BCB 6 Enterprise Edition. The cause of problem is the same as in previous two cases. Again, the solution is to to recompile and reinstall Decision Cube packages manually or simply disable/remove the Decision Cube package. Instructions how to do this are included with TeeChart v7 installation (CBuilder6\DecisionCube\ directory). Alternatively, if you don't use the Decision Cube packages, simply remove them from BCB package list.

d) Another 3rd party tool which uses TeeChart packages. Again, the solution is to recompile 3rd party tool packages with new TeeChart version. Usually each vendor includes instructions how to do this. If not, check with 3rd party tool vendor how to do it (apply patch file, TC7 specific installer, recompile sources, ...).
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com