TChartListBox Error

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
SDE

TChartListBox Error

Post by SDE » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:09 pm

Hello,

I am using your latest version of TChartPro with Embarcadero Delphi XE5.

I am having a little trouble with a TChartListBox. I'm hoping you can tell me if this is a bug or is working as designed.

I have a TChart and a corresponding TChartListBox. When I bring up the TChart Editor and go to Legend--> Style, there is a combo box that allows me to select "No check boxes", "Check boxes", or "Radio buttons".

With the "No check box" selection which is the default, my chart legend does not have check boxes and my corresponding TChartListBox does have check boxes which allow me to select/deselect the series in the chart.

If I then switch to "Radio buttons" I get radio buttons on both my chart legend and in my TChartListBox. This is as I expected.

However, when I switch back to "No check boxes", the radio buttons go away on my chart legend but they remain as Radio buttons on my TCharListBox. I would expect it to return to check boxes in the TChartListBox since that was the default for "No check boxes".

The workaround I came up with in order to return to no check boxes on my legend and check boxes in my TChartListBox is to go from "Radio Buttons" to "Check boxes" to "No check boxes". However, this process seems to have a bug in it too. When I go from "Radio buttons" to "Check boxes" the chart legend switches to check boxes but the TChartListBox continues to have Radio buttons...until I actually click on one of the radio buttons still in the TChartListBox. Then it changes to check boxes, and at that point if I select "No check boxes" I get no check boxes in my legend and check boxes in my TChartListBox, which is what I wanted all along.

I look forward to your response!

Thanks!
SDE

SDE

Re: TChartListBox Error

Post by SDE » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:11 pm

Sorry, I just realized I posted this in the wrong section. It should be under VCL/CLX.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:55 am

SDE wrote:Sorry, I just realized I posted this in the wrong section. It should be under VCL/CLX.
No problem. I just moved your thread to the correct forum.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:36 am

Hi SDE,
SDE wrote:I am using your latest version of TChartPro with Embarcadero Delphi XE5.

I am having a little trouble with a TChartListBox. I'm hoping you can tell me if this is a bug or is working as designed.

I have a TChart and a corresponding TChartListBox. When I bring up the TChart Editor and go to Legend--> Style, there is a combo box that allows me to select "No check boxes", "Check boxes", or "Radio buttons".

With the "No check box" selection which is the default, my chart legend does not have check boxes and my corresponding TChartListBox does have check boxes which allow me to select/deselect the series in the chart.

If I then switch to "Radio buttons" I get radio buttons on both my chart legend and in my TChartListBox. This is as I expected.

However, when I switch back to "No check boxes", the radio buttons go away on my chart legend but they remain as Radio buttons on my TCharListBox. I would expect it to return to check boxes in the TChartListBox since that was the default for "No check boxes".

The workaround I came up with in order to return to no check boxes on my legend and check boxes in my TChartListBox is to go from "Radio Buttons" to "Check boxes" to "No check boxes". However, this process seems to have a bug in it too. When I go from "Radio buttons" to "Check boxes" the chart legend switches to check boxes but the TChartListBox continues to have Radio buttons...until I actually click on one of the radio buttons still in the TChartListBox. Then it changes to check boxes, and at that point if I select "No check boxes" I get no check boxes in my legend and check boxes in my TChartListBox, which is what I wanted all along.
I've added this to the bug tracker:
http://bugs.teechart.net/show_bug.cgi?id=640
Please feel free to add your mail account to the CC list so you can be automatically notified when an update arrives.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

SDE

Post by SDE » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi Yeray,

Thanks so much for looking into the problem and for the quick response. I appreciate it!

SDE