Cannot Compile for XE2 (2014.02)

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
TestAlways
Advanced

Cannot Compile for XE2 (2014.02)

Post by TestAlways » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:55 pm

I am trying to compile TeeChart 2014.02 using TeeRecompile.exe but I get an exception:
Error: Cannot open file "C:\Delphi\TeeChart 2014.02\Lib XE2\Delphi16.win32\System\FMXTee916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified
Ignore error and continue?
But I am not trying to compile FM code--I only have XE2 Win 32 checked, and TeeChart for Firemonkey packages turned off (only item checked on the righ is "Install packages into IDEs").

This occurs when "Copying Files...." appears in the "Compile" window.

If I check "TeeChart for Firemoney" and recompile, I get the following exception:
Cannot recompile Delphi package: FMXTee916.dpk
Embarcadero Delphi for Win32 compiler version 23.0
Copyright (c) 1983,2011 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.

FMXTee916.dpk(30) Fatal: E2202 Required package 'fmx' not found
How can I get past this?

Ed Dressel

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Compile for XE2 (2014.02)

Post by Yeray » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:06 pm

Hi Ed,
TestAlways wrote:I am trying to compile TeeChart 2014.02 using TeeRecompile.exe but I get an exception:
Error: Cannot open file "C:\Delphi\TeeChart 2014.02\Lib XE2\Delphi16.win32\System\FMXTee916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified
But I am not trying to compile FM code--I only have XE2 Win 32 checked, and TeeChart for Firemonkey packages turned off (only item checked on the righ is "Install packages into IDEs").

This occurs when "Copying Files...." appears in the "Compile" window.
I see this error you mention for several packages, for Win32, Win64 and iOS:
Win32 wrote:Error: Cannot open file ".\Compiled\Delphi16.win32\System\FMXTee916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified

Error: Cannot open file ".\Compiled\Delphi16.win32\System\FMXTeeUI916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified

Error: Cannot open file ".\Compiled\Delphi16.win32\System\FMXTeePro916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified

Error: Cannot open file ".\Compiled\Delphi16.win32\System\FMXTeeLanguage916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified

Error: Cannot open file ".\Compiled\Delphi16.win32\System\FMXTeeDB916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified
Win64 wrote:Error: Cannot open file ".\Compiled\Delphi16.win64\System\FMXTee916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified

Error: Cannot open file ".\Compiled\Delphi16.win64\System\FMXTeeUI916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified

Error: Cannot open file ".\Compiled\Delphi16.win64\System\FMXTeePro916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified

Error: Cannot open file ".\Compiled\Delphi16.win64\System\FMXTeeLanguage916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified

Error: Cannot open file ".\Compiled\Delphi16.win64\System\FMXTeeDB916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified
iOS wrote:Error: Cannot open file ".\Compiled\Delphi16.ios\System\FMITee916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified

Error: Cannot open file ".\Compiled\Delphi16.ios\System\FMITeeUI916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified

Error: Cannot open file ".\Compiled\Delphi16.ios\System\FMITeePro916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified

Error: Cannot open file ".\Compiled\Delphi16.ios\System\FMITeeLanguage916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified

Error: Cannot open file ".\Compiled\Delphi16.ios\System\FMITeeDB916.bpl". The system cannot find the file specified
We'll try to correct this for the next versions.

In the meanwhile, if I press "Yes" to ignore and continue for all the messages above, the process ends and I can open the IDE and manually install the DclTeePro916.bpl package from .\Compiled\Delphi16.win32\Bin in the packages list in the IDE. Doesn't it work for you?
TestAlways wrote:If I check "TeeChart for Firemoney" and recompile, I get the following exception:
Cannot recompile Delphi package: FMXTee916.dpk
Embarcadero Delphi for Win32 compiler version 23.0
Copyright (c) 1983,2011 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.

FMXTee916.dpk(30) Fatal: E2202 Required package 'fmx' not found
How can I get past this?
I can't reproduce this here. Fmx is a package that should be shipped with the IDE and I believe you can't install the XE2 without FMX. Then, if TeeRecompile can't find fmx.dcu, it has to be a problem with the IDE installation. Have you tried to repair it?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Test Always

Post by Test Always » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:36 pm

Have you tried to repair it?
I can't find fmx.bpl (if that is the package name) anywhere on my computer nor the build machine. But the problem only occurs on my build machine. (I do have FMX*.bpl files on both).

I don't know what i need to repair as I am not aware of anything being broken. Your software is the only one that raises this exception.

Ed Dressel

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:46 pm

Hi Ed,

If I search in my "Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0" folder for "fmx*.bpl" I find:
\bin\fmx162.bpl
\bin64\fmx162.bpl
\bin\fmx163.bpl
\bin64\fmx163.bpl
I also find fmx.dcp at:
\lib\osx32\debug
\lib\osx32\release
\lib\win32\debug
\lib\win32\release
\lib\win64\debug
\lib\win64\release
If you don't find the fmx package that is needed to recompile "TeeChart for Firemoney", I'd say it's a problem in the IDE installation, since this package should be included with the IDE. That's why I'd suggest you to repair the IDE, running the IDE installer. Alternatively, you can contact Embarcadero to ask why your IDE doesn't include the fmx packages and what can you do to obtain them.

If you find the packages above, then we should continue investigating what could be the differences between the problematic environment you have and the environments where it works fine.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

TestAlways
Advanced

Post by TestAlways » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:28 pm

If you don't find the fmx package that is needed to recompile "TeeChart for Firemoney", I'd say it's a problem in the IDE installation, since this package should be included with the IDE.
I don't have the 64 bit bpls, but I shouldn't--we didn't install them when we installed the IDE. The IDE works perfectly fine, so I don't think it is an installation issue. (Why does the TChart compiler requires FM BPLs when we aren't comping any FM controls for TChart?)

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:26 pm

Hi Ed,
TestAlways wrote:
If you don't find the fmx package that is needed to recompile "TeeChart for Firemoney", I'd say it's a problem in the IDE installation, since this package should be included with the IDE.
I don't have the 64 bit bpls, but I shouldn't--we didn't install them when we installed the IDE. The IDE works perfectly fine, so I don't think it is an installation issue. (Why does the TChart compiler requires FM BPLs when we aren't comping any FM controls for TChart?)
Sorry for the confusion generated.
I think we are talking about two different situations here:

1. With "TeeChart for Firemonkey" checkbox unchecked.
In this case the TeeChart packages for Foremonkey should be compiled and I suspect they aren't, but the script is still looking for the compiled packages. We are investigating this.
Here, no fmx packages should be required. Have you tried to ignore all the messages as suggested above when I said this?
yeray wrote:We'll try to correct this for the next versions.

In the meanwhile, if I press "Yes" to ignore and continue for all the messages above, the process ends and I can open the IDE and manually install the DclTeePro916.bpl package from .\Compiled\Delphi16.win32\Bin in the packages list in the IDE. Doesn't it work for you?
2. With "TeeChart for Firemonkey" checkbox checked.
Here I understand it's logical to require the fmx packages installed in the IDE.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

TestAlways
Advanced

Post by TestAlways » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Have you tried to ignore all the messages as suggested above when I said this?
Yes, I finally did that and the installation worked fine--but I (and another programmer) spent a few hours trying to figure out the problem before we got to that solution.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Yeray wrote: 1. With "TeeChart for Firemonkey" checkbox unchecked.
In this case the TeeChart packages for Foremonkey should be compiled and I suspect they aren't, but the script is still looking for the compiled packages. We are investigating this.
Here, no fmx packages should be required. Have you tried to ignore all the messages as suggested above when I said this?
TestAlways wrote:Yes, I finally did that and the installation worked fine--but I (and another programmer) spent a few hours trying to figure out the problem before we got to that solution.
Fixed for the next maintenance release:
http://bugs.teechart.net/show_bug.cgi?id=630
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software