Legend Text

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
dpatch

Legend Text

Post by dpatch » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:15 pm

Is it possible to selectively enable/disable displaying legend items for a specific series. I am using a line plot and when the data crosses from the right side of the plot and wraps around to the left, I add a series and continue plotting on the new series. This prevents a line being drawn from right to left on the existinbg series. When I do this, a new legend item is displayed for the new series. I want it to appear to the user that the plot just continued from the left side. The existing legend string is all I need.

Thanks in advance.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Legend Text

Post by Yeray » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand why are you creating several series but you can set the series' ShowInLegend property to false to prevent them to be shown in the legend.
If you still have problems with it, please try to arrange a simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here.
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

dpatch

Re: Legend Text

Post by dpatch » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:17 pm

This was exactly what I was wanting to do and completely fixed the issue I had. THANKS!

There are just times when not auto-scaling a plot, plottting left to right and the data begins in the middle of the plot, when the plot wrapped from the right edge to the left edge it drew a line back across the plot from right to left. Adding a new series solved this problem.

Thanks again... :!: