Series Groups and Extra Legend

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ulibru

Series Groups and Extra Legend

Post by ulibru » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:07 am

Hi,

I like to use two groups of series.
Group A: curves 1, 2, 3, ...
Group B: curves a, b, c, ...

Now I want to display the curves of group A in the standard legend with checkboxes
And the curves of group B in an extra legend. Also with checkboxes.

How to get the desired two legends showing each the individual group curves with checkboxes ? If this is not possible then how to show one legend with a dividing line between the two group curves?

Uli

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Series Groups and Extra Legend

Post by Yeray » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi Uli,

I'm afraid there is no way to do it "automatically" right now. However, I can think on three alternatives:

1. Use two TCustomLegendTool, adding checkboxes for each series manually. Take a look at the example at "What's New ?\Welcome !\New Chart Tools\Custom Legend" int he features demo program to see how to use this tool.

2. Create you own custom legend class. It could have an array of series and create as many checkboxes as items in that array.

3. Improve the TExtraLegendTool in two aspects. You can do it yourself if you have the source code, or you can wait until we implement it in a further release:
3.a. Make it independent of the default Legend. You can hide any series to be shown in the default legend setting ShowInLegend=false, but this series won't be shown in the TExtraLegendTool either (TV52016085).
3.b. Make its checkboxes to respond to to the mouse actions (TV52016084).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy