TeeRecompile & CBuilder

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
marc_x

TeeRecompile & CBuilder

Post by marc_x » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:44 am

Hi, TChart version 8.08. I have added a while back a property to TCustomChartSeries which i must repatch every update (It's realy worth it in my case to to so). My only problem here with a CBuilder2007 project is that the utility does not seem to recreate a CBuilder headers and files. Could you point me to the proper procedure to update those files

Thanks

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TeeRecompile & CBuilder

Post by Yeray » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:40 am

Hello Marc,
marc_x wrote:I have added a while back a property to TCustomChartSeries which i must repatch every update (It's realy worth it in my case to to so)
We'll be pleased to take a look at the property and see if we can add it into the sources, if you want of course.
marc_x wrote:My only problem here with a CBuilder2007 project is that the utility does not seem to recreate a CBuilder headers and files. Could you point me to the proper procedure to update those files
Do you mean TeeRecompile utility doesn't create the "Compiled\Delphi11" folder that contains the hpp files? Or the files are created with some exceptions (files modified or created by you)?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

marc_x

Post by marc_x » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Hi Yeray,

First the property is simply a string for Units which I use in most of my projects which led me to add it directly to the source

TCustomChartSeries
FUnits : string;
property Units: string read FUnits write FUnits;

I guess any user field could have done the same but in my case I use it every project.

Now for the recompiling... I did as usual and added the property then used TeeRecompile.exe and my old projects are all happy with the property being there... Now this project I have been asked to use CBuilder instead of delphi and when I try compiling using the Units property I get
"[BCC32 Error] MainForm.cpp(437): E2316 'Units' is not a member of 'TFastLineSeries'".

I would have guess the files for cpp would have been updated. now before I go and try different thing I guess asking seems like the best start

Regards

marc_x

Post by marc_x » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:36 pm

Hi,

Just found a path entry leading to the original installation. removing this entry make it work... sory for the trouble

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:34 am

Hello Marc,

Okay, thanks for the info. I'm happy to hear you solved it!
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy