TeeChart v2010.02.20202 VCL maintenance release available

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

TeeChart v2010.02.20202 VCL maintenance release available

Post by Narcís » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:01 pm

Greetings!

Steema Support Central writes to inform you of the availability of the latest TeeChart VCL maintenance release

TeeChart v2010 VCL customers may download the version at no-charge from the customer download page via:
http://www.steema.com/clientaccess

The maintenance release contains several new features, bug fixes and improvements. Release notes may be viewed here:
http://www.steema.com/versioninfo/vcl
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

jpm

Re: TeeChart v2010.02.20202 VCL maintenance release available

Post by jpm » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:50 pm

Compatibility with older source code is not fully respected!! :(

If your actual code contain View3DOptions.ZoomText = true or false , in one pas source code there is no direct problem: the compiler will tell you that the property is not accepted. In the actual version this property have to be setted to ztno/ztyes.

But if View3DOptions.ZoomText = true or false is located in one dfm then the compiler ( at least Delphi 2010) kill the dfm writing things like
View3DOptions.ZoomText =
,!BEraseBackground

!B

Self
P,B
Rect

afterward, thelinker lead to an error such as

RLINK32: Unsupported 16bit resource in file ---.dfm

It took me a couple of days before I found why my previous source code wasn't useable.
I have had to remove the line View3DOptions.ZoomText = true or false from all the dfm backuped files outside of Delphi's SW with an editor supporting hexa format in order to avoid to modify the remaining part of the dfm file (opening dfm with notepad if most of the time impossible!).

JPM

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TeeChart v2010.02.20202 VCL maintenance release available

Post by Yeray » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:34 am

Hi jpm,

As you probably know we always try to keep backwards compatibility. However, sometimes the implementation of a new feature forces us to break something or add some dirty code to ensure it. In this case, the giving more customization to the text zoom without changing the ZoomText property would imply adding a new property and several redundant conditions to the sources. We decided to change the ZoomText property from boolean to TCanvasZoomText (ztManual, ztNo, ztAuto).
Apologizes for the inconveniences. We'll try to document the future changes better.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy