Strange issues with Bar Chart

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
johnnix
Advanced

Strange issues with Bar Chart

Post by johnnix » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:51 am

Hello,

Today I realized that I face some issues with my Bar charts (worked ok on previous 8.06 version) on the latest 2010 version. To begin with please take a look at the attached sample application. When setting the YValues to loDescending (in my app the same happens fro loNone also) you will notice that the bars do not touch each other (not side by side) but it looks like the border is drawn. Also notice that it misses 1 value? (left chart displays 6 right chart with loDescending displays 5). I use Delphi 2007. Please let me know what is wrong and if possible guide me to change my sources so that I resolve this issue?

Regards
Attachments
TestProject.zip
(3.31 KiB) Downloaded 511 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Strange issues with Bar Chart

Post by Yeray » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:58 am

Hi johnnix,

This is a known problem already in the defect list to be revised in future releases (TV52014364). However you can easily work around it resorting the valuelist:

Code: Select all

Chart1[0].YValues.Sort;
Could you please confirm it?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

johnnix
Advanced

Post by johnnix » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:13 am

Hello Yeray,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply but unfortunately this does not work, I tried it with YValues.Order set to both loNone or loDescenting but when zooming in I see the bars are separated.

Another major issue I have is that when I copy and paste a TChart the Panel Gradient is set to true and also the BackWall Transparency is set to true. It is quite time consuming to change these every time I need to copy one plot from a form to another.

Regards

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi johnnix,
johnnix wrote:Thank you very much for the prompt reply but unfortunately this does not work, I tried it with YValues.Order set to both loNone or loDescenting but when zooming in I see the bars are separated.
You're right. It seems that with YValues.Order set to both loNone or loDescending the suggested workaround seems to do nothing.
I've added it to the ticket description and incremented it's priority.
johnnix wrote:Another major issue I have is that when I copy and paste a TChart the Panel Gradient is set to true and also the BackWall Transparency is set to true. It is quite time consuming to change these every time I need to copy one plot from a form to another.
I think you meant "Panel Gradient is set to true and the BackWall Transparency is set to false".
I've added it to the wish list to be enhanced in future releases (TV52015291).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

johnnix
Advanced

Post by johnnix » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:48 pm

Hello Yeray,

Glad to hear that you identified both "bugs", I really hope to see an update soon :D

Regards