Some help needed with strange behavior

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
johnnix
Advanced

Some help needed with strange behavior

Post by johnnix » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:23 pm

Hello,

I just upgraded my 2010 version to the latest update. I was running the evaluation for Delphi XE and it was working ok. I reinstalled the latest update, all went ok but when I compiled my app I noticed certain visual "defects", for example although the zoom tool pen style is set to small dots it is drawn with solid style. Another example is a horizontal bar chart where the border of the bars is drawn too thick although nothing changed (and if I double click on the plots all properties are exactly as before). If I copy a plot and paste it on a new project then it works ok except the fact that the gradient of the back wall is enabled although in the original plot it is disabled. Can anyone even guess what the problem could be and how can I resolve it?

Regards

johnnix
Advanced

Re: Some help needed with strange behavior

Post by johnnix » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:57 am

Ok, here is an update. After playing a little bit it looks like that something changed in TChart and when the plot antialias is enabled the pen is drawn as solid when SmallDots is true. I cannot find the error myself so can you please confirm this?

Regards

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:00 am

Hi johnnix,

I'm not sure on how to reproduce this one. I created a 2D line series with its pen set to SmallDots and added AntiAlias tool and a GDI+ component with antialias enabled and everything worked fine. Could you please attach a simple example project or a code snippet we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

johnnix
Advanced

Post by johnnix » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:22 am

Hello Narcis,

Please find attached a sample app. When I enable the TeeGDIPlus then zoom window is drawn as a solid line.

Regards
Attachments
Test_App.zip
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 559 times

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:02 am

Hi johnnix,

Thanks for the info. I could reproduce this one and added it (TV52015217) to the bug list.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum