'A class named TInvertFilter already exists' error in TeeChart Pro 2022.35

TeeGrid VCL / FMX for Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder and Lazarus Free Pascal.
pruzicka

'A class named TInvertFilter already exists' error in TeeChart Pro 2022.35

Post by pruzicka » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:21 pm

Hello,
I use Delphi 11 Version 28.0.44500.8973 (Update 1) with TeeChart Pro VCL/FMX 2022.35 components (32-bit).
It's running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 19044.1766.
I have only DclTeePro928.bpl design package installed in Delphi. I have removed TeeChart Standard from design packages.
I set up a new project (OLE library) for testing purposes. I call the COM object from main Delphi application that is also developed in Delphi 11 (32-bit). I use VCL and VCLDB runtime packages in main application and in all DLLs (also OLE libraries) that are part of the application. When I put a TChart control on a form in my testing library, run the application and try to initialize the COM object in my testing library I obtain an error:
Project XXX raised exception class EFilerError with message 'A class named TInvertFilter already exists'.
Thanks for advice

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 'A class named TInvertFilter already exists' error in TeeChart Pro 2022.35

Post by Yeray » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:39 am

Hello,

TInvertFilter in registered at TeeFilters' initialization.
Is there any other place in your project where a class with the same name (TInvertFilter) may be registered?

If you still find problems with it, please arrange a simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

TWoodard

Post by TWoodard » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:59 pm

I have the same problem. I believe the problem is caused by having a TChart in your main program and having one in a DLL that your program calls. I'm not sure exactly.

I have a huge program that has this problem and it has been driving me crazy.

I created a pared down program that barely has any code. It has a main program (VCL form) with a TChart on it, and a Dll that contains a VCL form with a chart on it. It now doesn't have this exact problem (the TInvertFilter already exists problem), but it does create an Access Violation upon close. Here are the circumstances where it occurs:

1. If the main program does not have a chart on it, the error does not occur.
2. If the main program *does* have a chart on it, but when you call the DLL, you don't show the DLL's chart (you do something minor like a showmessage instead), then no error occurs.
3. If the main program has a chart on it, and you call the DLL to show its chart. You can close that DLL's chart, then close the main app, and then you will get an Access Violation... every time.

I installed the latest TeeChart Std downloaded today and I still have this problem. I previously was using the TeeChart that came with Rad11.3 Delphi, but couldn't access tech support or the forum unless I bought it directly from Steema. So I bought it, and downloaded the latest and now I just need to get some help on this (guidance or bug fix).

Thanks,

Tammy

TWoodard

Post by TWoodard » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:01 pm

Now that I have posted a detailed description of my problem and created pared down projects, I re-read the original response to the original question and decided to look at it all again.

Indeed, removing all Runtime Packages listed in the Compiler Options of the DLL and the EXE (not sure if it was necessary in both, but definitely was necessary in the DLL), I was able to run it without getting that TInvertFilter Error or the error upon crash.

I hadn't added any Runtime Packages myself and I had created very basic projects with barely anything in them, so it is surprising that there are so many packages added automatically. I haven't isolated which particular package causes the conflict, but am happy to report that I am able to move forward now and work on the details of the chart.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:06 am

Hello Tammy,
TWoodard wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:59 pm
I previously was using the TeeChart that came with Rad11.3 Delphi, but couldn't access tech support or the forum unless I bought it directly from Steema. So I bought it, and downloaded the latest and now I just need to get some help on this (guidance or bug fix).
We also give support through "info at steema dot com" or through these options.
TWoodard wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:01 pm
I haven't isolated which particular package causes the conflict, but am happy to report that I am able to move forward now and work on the details of the chart.
Great!
If you find how to reproduce the problem, we'll be pleased to take a deeper look at it.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy