Tee.Scroller exclude certain series

TeeChart for JavaScript for the HTML5 Canvas
Eden

Tee.Scroller exclude certain series

Post by Eden » Fri May 31, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi,
First of all, I'm finding Tee.Chart to be a very nice to use; I've been evaluating it since yesterday. I've been a long time user of the VCL product, but the Javascript version is so much easier to use. Bravo!

I have a suggestion regarding Tee.Scroller: it would be nice to be able to flag certain series as being hidden in the scroller. In a Chart with 3 or 4 series, especially if some of them are Line series with pointers and/or markers visible, the Scroller reprepresentation of the chart isn't so nice to look at. If I could "switch off" all but one or two series from appearing in the scroller, it would look a lot tidier/clearer. I think this could be achieved by adding a property to the Series object such as "hideInScroller", and when the Scroller code paints the series, it skips over any that have that flag set to "true".

Cheers,
Kai

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tee.Scroller exclude certain series

Post by Yeray » Fri May 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi Kai,

I'm not sure if it will be as easy as this, but I've added it to the wish list to be further studied for inclusion in next releases (TF77016586).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Eden

Post by Eden » Fri May 31, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi Yeray,
I've actually implemented it locally (I'm impatient!), and it's working fine... so here's what I did. I cannot quote exact line numbers or even variable names, because I've of course only got the "compressed" mini-fied javascript files....

In teechart.js, in the code for Tee.Series = function (a,d), I added:

this.hideInScroller = !1;

... and in teechart-extras.js, in g.onDrawThumb, where the series are added to the Scroller chart, I modified it to read:

a.series.each(function(a) {
!a.hideInScroller && a.visible && a.useAxes && a.draw()
});

So, by setting mySeries.hideInScroller = true, that series is now excluded from the Scroller view.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi Eden,

This won't recalculate the axes range in the scroller chart according to the series shown in it, but it's certainly a nice starting point.
Thanks for sharing!
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy