TeeChart support for image map html tag

TeeChart for Java (NetBeans, Eclipse, Android Studio, etc)
qcrnd
Advanced

TeeChart support for image map html tag

Post by qcrnd » Wed May 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Hi,

We currently use TeeChart .Net in our client and we are evaluating using Teechart for Java on our server to generate graph images.

We need to embed the chart image (PNG) in a plain html and support tooltips/drilldown from diffrent areas in the graph.

We would like to do that using <map> html tag, I was looking for an API to help me get the graph map and could not find any.

Does TeeChart has support for image map or do I have to build it programmatically myself?

Thanks,
Yaron

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Thu May 21, 2009 9:00 am

Hello Yaron,

TeeChart for Java doesn't include inbuilt img map support, you would need to code it. There is an example of manually coded construction of an image map with the TeeChart ActiveX version. It is written in VB but the principles would apply equally to the Java version.

Alternatively TeeChart for NET includes inbuilt image map support. If you take a look at the TeeChart for .NET ASP.NET demos you will see that Map support and further extensibility for client-side interactivity is built into the Chart server output. All functionality is based on images (can be png), no live objects are downloaded to the client.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support