Rectangle tool and zooming

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
az7523

Rectangle tool and zooming

Post by az7523 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:11 am

HI I'm playing around with the IRectangle tool and have a couple of questions.

1) The description for the IRectangle Tool says "You can use this tool for multiple applications, for example to display the chart contents under the rectangle into another chart, picture or canvas."
Can you give some direction as to how to do that?

2) I'm using the rectangle tool to zoom the chart to the contents of the rectangle using the Chart ZoomRect method. My chart uses shape series elements with text in the middle of the shapes. When I zoom in this way the shapes change size but the font doesn't increase with them. Is there a way to fix this or is there a way to determine how much the "In Chart" elements have been zoomed?

Thanks

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rectangle tool and zooming

Post by Narcís » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:51 am

Hello,
1) The description for the IRectangle Tool says "You can use this tool for multiple applications, for example to display the chart contents under the rectangle into another chart, picture or canvas."
Can you give some direction as to how to do that?
Find attached an example project with this functionality.
2) I'm using the rectangle tool to zoom the chart to the contents of the rectangle using the Chart ZoomRect method. My chart uses shape series elements with text in the middle of the shapes. When I zoom in this way the shapes change size but the font doesn't increase with them. Is there a way to fix this or is there a way to determine how much the "In Chart" elements have been zoomed?
You might want to use this:

Code: Select all

TChart1.Aspect.ZoomText = ztAuto
Or you may also be interested in the Magnify tool. You'll find an example at All Features\Welcome!\Tools\Magnify in the features demo, available at TeeChart's program group.
sembla que si..
Attachments
SampleRectangleTool.rar
(2.56 KiB) Downloaded 785 times
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum